SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#385719 - 03/03/14 07:28 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
They want to legalize guns in the state I live in. God forbid, everyone's itching for a fight as it is, 24/7. Thank goodness, they don't have guns at their side!

Mark

In the town next to ours, Kennesaw, GA, the law REQUIRES that every household has a gun and ammunition. I'm not kidding. Google 'Kennesaw gun law 1982'. As Don King is fond of saying, "Only in America". I say, "only in Georgia" smile. We also have 'Stand your Ground', along with the right to carry concealed weapons in churches, bars, and college campuses. Guess you can't be too careful (sarcasm intended).

chas

Edited by cgiles (03/03/14 07:30 AM)

#385724 - 03/03/14 08:34 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'm on the road a lot in March. And, I need a break.

Probably see you in April.

Be well, all,

Russ

#385726 - 03/03/14 08:40 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... be well my friend ... safe travels ...

#385727 - 03/03/14 08:59 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
I'm on the road a lot in March.

Russ, if 'on the road' includes Atlanta, let me know.

chas

#385729 - 03/03/14 09:06 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... if Russ says he's going to Georgia, he probably means the COUNTRY ... grin

#385731 - 03/03/14 09:12 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Russ if not recordings at least take pictures for us?

#385777 - 03/04/14 12:37 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Yeah Don, that kind of experience does tend to make you put things in perspective. BTW, if we DO get a chance to hang out together, can you bring Russ along? We need someone to pick up the tab smile .

chas

You always make me laugh chas laugh2 How about u guys pick up the tab for Russ for a change? Russ sure deserves a free meal.

Russ if you ever make it to Southern California I am taking u out to dinner. You too chas ,Tony ,Don, Gary, Ian, Donny and Mark. In fact I will take any of the Synth Zone forum members out for dinner, it would be my pleasure. Just let me know if you are in the Los Angeles area and we can get together. It would be a blast to meet you face to face.

#385784 - 03/04/14 05:16 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
How about u guys pick up the tab for Russ for a change? Russ sure deserves a free meal.

Nah, Russ has wayyyyyy too much money, and we're just trying to help him dispose of it smile .

Seriously, Russ is a terrific human being and does a lot of good stuff that most people don't even know about, including numerous charities, providing a lot of help to "the least of these" in his community, Habitat for Humanity (NOLA - Musicians Village), and major involvement in Nursing Home reform in his state. He's also loyal to a fault to his friends, an admirable quality indeed, and aside from his formidable talents as a musician, these are the qualities that makes him one of my heroes. Now if only I could 'rescue' him from the Republican party......oh well, nobody's perfect smile smile.

chas

#385791 - 03/04/14 08:50 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: cgiles]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Now comes the unicycling- more back-peddling than at the circus. I'll try again in a few months,..

#385793 - 03/04/14 08:59 AM Re: not "one-man-music" but "one-machine-music" [Re: Mark79100]
big741.1 Offline

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
I've missed most of this discussion (might be a good thing), but I wanted to say that I listen to all of the musical submissions I have time for.

I rarely offer criticism or advice, but I do leave a (usually) inane little comment just to show the artist that I took the time to listen to his or her work, and that I appreciate him or her sharing it. Not leaving some sort of comment is like sitting in an audience and refusing to clap (even politely), imo.

Take care,
Dan

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online